Dr. Evelyn T. Huamán received her Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois. While at Northwestern, Dr. Huamán was a Dean’s Scholar and was inducted to the National Society of Collegiate Scholars for outstanding scholarship and leadership. During her tenure at Northwestern she also held the position of President for the Society of Women Engineers and received the Lucent Technologies Scholar Award, Merck Scholar Award, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Scholar Award and the 3M Scholar Award for Excellence in Engineering. She then completed her Doctor of Dental Medicine from the world-renowned Harvard School of Dental Medicine with special distinction in the fields of Periodontology and Restorative Dentistry. While at Harvard, she conducted investigative studies in collaboration with the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the prestigious Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), publishing her results in prestigious scientific journals.
Dr. Huamán consequently moved to the west coast to complete her specialty training at the nation’s preeminent Periodontics and Implant Surgery program at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Dentistry and served as Chief Resident. While at UCLA, Dr. Huamán continued to conduct and develop her investigative research skills. Recognized for her superior clinical and surgical skills as well as her relentless pursuit of excellence has lead Dr. Huamán toward earning many awards in her field of specialty. For instance, every university and hospital periodontics program across the United States submits their best young periodontist to compete for the prestigious Kramer Award. Dr. Huamán was chosen as the best among the best across the country and received this award in 2010. She was recognized for “Outstanding Research in Basic Science” and received the Richard Kao Basic Science Research Award and was also awarded the Robert L. Merin Leadership Award by the California Society of Periodontists recognizing her as among the best Periodontal and Implant Surgeons in the state. In 2015 she was recognized among America’s Top Dentists in the field of Periodontics by the Consumer’s Research Council of America.
Highly devoted to staying at the forefront of her field, Dr. Huamán is continually investing in her own education to provide patients with proven, successful results. Dr. Huamán is trained in the latest advanced minimally invasive surgical and nonsurgical techniques such as the Perioscope and Laser assisted periodontal surgery (LANAP) which treats mild, moderate, and advanced gum disease without the use of incisions or sutures; the Pinhole technique which treats gum tissue recession and deformities using only one surgical site, avoids harvesting the palate, and is done without incisions or need for sutures; Periodontal Plastic surgery using a microscope for high precision providing perfect esthetic results; the All-on-4 technique that aims to restore edentulous dentition with a fixed prosthesis in one day. Further, Dr. Huamán is a Diplomate and Board Certified by the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Huamán ensures that her staff is well trained in every procedure done in-office, all facets of emergency treatment, and has invested largely in state-of-the-art diagnostic, monitoring, and surgical equipment to provide patients with excellent care. She is energetically devoted to her patients to ensure every patient understands their treatment options fully, and that their choices are respected. Dr. Huamán takes great pride in providing the best of herself and her practice to each and every patient.
Dr. Huamán is a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Periodontology
- California Society of Periodontists
- American Academy of Osseointegration
- California Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- America's Top Dentists Award from the Consumers' Research Council of America 2017
- America's Top Dentists Award from the Consumers' Research Council of America 2016
America's Top Dentists Award from the Consumers' Research Council of America 2015
- Kramer Award - from the Kramer Foundation at the American Academy of Periodontology convention in Hawaii.
- Richard Kao Research Award –California Society of Periodontists for research “The Effect of Systemic Fluprostenol on the Progression of Periodontal Disease in a Rat Ligature Model.”
- California Outstanding Periodontal Resident Robert L. Merin Leadership Award granted by California Society of Periodontists and TDIC Insurance Solutions
- Featured in Keepsake 08/09 Magazine for excellence among minority science students nominated by David Geffen School of Medicine University of California, Los Angeles
- Quintessence Award in recognition of Clinical Achievement in Periodontology granted by Harvard School of Dental Medicine and Quintessence Publishing Company
- Quintessence Award in recognition of Clinical Achievement in Restorative Dentistry granted by Harvard School of Dental Medicine and Quintessence Publishing Company
- Quintessence Award in recognition of Academic Achievement granted by Harvard School of Dental Medicine and Quintessence Publishing Company
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation Research Training Award granted by Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association Massachusetts Dental Society Student representative in the 53rd Annual Session at the University of Utah School on Alcoholism and Other Drug Dependencies
- Society of Women Engineers National Scholar Award for Excellence in Leadership, Academics, and Community Service granted by the National Society of Women Engineers and Northwestern University
- 3M Scholar Award for Excellence in Engineering granted by 3M and Northwestern University
- Merck Scholar Award for Excellence in Engineering granted by Merck and Northwestern University
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Scholar Award for Excellence in Leadership and Academics granted by the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and Northwestern University
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars – Honor of Distinction for Outstanding Scholarship, Leadership and Services granted by the Society of Northwestern University and National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Dean Scholar Award Northwestern University
- Leo Croteau Award for outstanding Leadership, Academics, and Community Service